Marinecreatures.com was initiated and built up over the last number of decades by owner and Dublin born Irish marine biologist Rowan Byrne. Rowan a well published photographer and scientist has spent the last number of decades traveling the world researching and working with many endangered marine species. Rowan has worked in the Philippines, South Pacific, Australia, South Africa, Caribbean Islands especially beautiful Dominica and more.
Over the last number of decades Rowan has collected a substantial library of stock photo images as part of his work and travel.
Rowan is a regular contributor to TV, Radio and Print media and never shy to say a few words! Rowan is a keen educator and believes in engaging people and communities worldwide in encouraging them to take responsibility for our oceans. Rowan believes we all have a part to play in protecting this valuable life giving resource.
The oceans are under threat even more than ever and its our responsibility for future generations and our legacy to protect, maintain and preserve them.
As the Blue Planet Legend David Attenborough says: “Surely we have a responsibility to care for our blue planet. The future of humanity, and indeed all life on Earth, now depends on us.”
Recent Media Work By Marine Biologist Rowan Byrne
- Rowan Byrne was features on RTE Mooney Show on Sunday January 14th 2018 as part of a special documentary on The Bergen Whale
- Rowan will also again be on RTE Mooney Show this Sunday January 21st listen in for more details
- Past Articles/Media Links involving Rowan Byrne
- Find out more on our marinecreatures blog site
- RTE Mooney goes wild
- Article in Irish Times about Rowans work on Deep water coral exhibition
- Ecology and Biodiversity in Manx Waters
- Satellite Tagging of Endangered Leatherback Sea Turtles on BBC News
- University of Northampton Lecture
- Wandering Educators Sea Turtles of Dominica
- Working with Disney on Pirates of Caribbean Movies 2 and 3.
- University of Wales Aberystwyth Tracking Leatherback Sea Turtles Research on BBC and University of Wales
- Youtube Channel Marinecreatures
- Instagram marinecreaturesstockphoto
- Facebook group with over 6000 likes
- Focus Asia National Geographic Channel Documentary on Rowans Work in The Philippines
- National Geographic Society Published Photos by Rowan Byrne
- Rosalie Sea Turtle Initiative Project Dominica Rowan Byrne