Marinecreatures.com was initiated and built up over the last number of decades by owner and Dublin born Irish marine biologist Rowan Byrne. Rowan a well published photographer and scientist has spent the last number of decades traveling the world researching and working with many endangered marine species. Rowan has worked in the Philippines, South Pacific, Australia, South Africa, Caribbean Islands especially beautiful Dominica and more.
Marine Biologist Rowan Byrne with a Giant Leatherback sea turtle (Dermochelys coriacea) in Dominica Caribbean.
Over the last number of decades Rowan has collected a substantial library of stock photo images as part of his work and travel. Rowan is a regular contributor to TV, Radio and Print media and never shy to say a few words! Rowan is a keen educator and believes in engaging people and communities worldwide in encouraging them to take responsibility for our oceans. Rowan believes we all have a part to play in protecting this valuable life giving resource. The oceans are under threat even more than ever and its our responsibility for future generations and our legacy to protect, maintain and preserve them.
As the Blue Planet Legend David Attenborough says: “Surely we have a responsibility to care for our blue planet. The future of humanity, and indeed all life on Earth, now depends on us.”
See our Youtube channel on this link and in particular a PBS Documentary on Rowans sea turtle research in Dominica prior to his satellite telemetry work tracking Leatherbacks around the Caribbean. The PBS Programme was filmed while Rowan was the Director of the The Rosalie Bay Sea Turtle Initiative (ROSTI) who were working to monitor and protect a variety of sea turtle species in the small Caribbean island of Dominica with Rowan at its helm. Rowan Byrne joins Patrick and Nancy to tell more about this incredible project and share an experience with an 800-pound nesting Leatherback. (CLICK ON LINK)
Ask us about our selection of Stock Photo Images for sale and for publications. Dolphins leaping, mother and calf whales underwater, sharks with jaws and attitude, gliding manta rays, colorful tropical fish, invertebrates, baby sea turtles, cute manatees and dugongs, endangered rare animals, unspoiled coral reef, dreamy tropical islands…you name it, we have the very best underwater, marine & aquatic animal pictures on the planet. We are also a professional stock photo agency specializing in exceptional pictures of marine life from every ocean. We update our website database frequently, so search often by using the search box found at the top right corner of every page. If you need help with your picture research, please do not hesitate to contact us, and we’ll search our extensive stock photo database on your behalf and even if we dont have an image will will help you find one. At the day its about marine conservation and education. Search more images here on this link to see an example of Rowans Stock Photo Work on this website. Type in Rowan Byrne in the search engine window and contact US DIRECT to source/discuss these images and their usage. Click here for more information here
Recent Media Work By Marine Biologist Rowan Byrne
- Rowan Byrne was featured on RTE Mooney Show on Monday June 11th 2018 as part of a special documentary on Rowans works on Marine Plastics as part of the full conference he organised with Mott MacDonald and Thames Tideway on May 17th 2018 this year. Speakers included BBC Cameraman and Blue Planet 2 Chief Cameraman Mr Gavin Thurston
- Rowan Byrne was featured on RTE Mooney Show on Sunday January 14th 2018 as part of a special documentary on The Bergen Whale
- Rowan will also again be on RTE Mooney Show this Sunday January 21st listen in for more details
- Past Articles/Media Links involving Rowan Byrne
- Find out more on our marinecreatures blog site
- RTE Mooney goes wild
- Article in Irish Times about Rowans work on Deep water coral exhibition
- Ecology and Biodiversity in Manx Waters
- Satellite Tagging of Endangered Leatherback Sea Turtles on BBC News
- University of Northampton Lecture
- Wandering Educators Sea Turtles of Dominica
- Working with Disney on Pirates of Caribbean Movies 2 and 3.
- University of Wales Aberystwyth Tracking Leatherback Sea Turtles Research on BBC and University of Wales
- Youtube Channel Marinecreatures
- Instagram marinecreaturesstockphoto
- Facebook group with over 6000 likes
- Focus Asia National Geographic Channel Documentary on Rowans Work in The Philippines
- National Geographic Society Published Photos by Rowan Byrne
- Rosalie Sea Turtle Initiative Project Dominica Rowan Byrne